Register

How to text images......

This is a discussion on How to text images...... within the Droid RAZR Help forums, part of the Droid RAZR Support Forum category; So far I've only been able to text smiley faces. I have tried, tried, tried to figure out how to do other things, such as, ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

How to text images......

So far I've only been able to text smiley faces. I have tried, tried, tried to figure out how to do other things, such as, hearts. I find instructions online and try them. Don't work. I will tell you up front, <3 does not produce a heart on my text. It produces <3. I suppose some people know that's supposed to be a heart, but most people I text with do not. I have found other, more details instructions about how to pull up a symbol menu..... Doesn't work on my phone for some reason. Or, I'm not holding my mouth correctly when I do it. Who knows. Anyone able to help?

I assume this is a stupid question since I've searched the forums and can't find any other questions and answers on this issue.

BTW, I have the original Droid Razr.... which I've never loved but SLOWLY have acquired a small measure of competence on.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    I believe the heart you are referring to is probably an emoji, which is only half supported on Android these days. It is supported by iPhone, and Android can display them (sort of), but you can't produce them with the stock OS.

There are many free emoji keyboards that you can download from the Play Store to make them on your phone and send to people. When you are texting, drag down your notification shade from the top of the screen and tap on the "select input method" option, and select an emoji keyboard that you've installed and you can then insert them in to your text messages.

Hope this helps
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Have you tried an alternative texting program like Handcent? They have an Emoti Plugin (free) that looks like it may have the symbols you would like to have.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Member #
    Thanks. I did download one of the keyboards and couldn't figure out how to use it. Do you have a particular one you recommend?

BTW, thanks for letting me know that you can't do it with the standard keyboard. Thought I was a really dummy.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    I've never used any of them, but typically you have to copy the item and paste it in for most unsupported keyboards.
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    I've used THIS one, and like it.

Ads