Register

Micro HDMI to HDMI adapter

This is a discussion on Micro HDMI to HDMI adapter within the Droid RAZR Accessories forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; I recently picked up a HDMI female to Micro HDMI male adapter from amazon so that I could connect my Razr to my TV. My ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By redtarget

Thread: Micro HDMI to HDMI adapter

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times

Micro HDMI to HDMI adapter

I recently picked up a HDMI female to Micro HDMI male adapter from amazon so that I could connect my Razr to my TV. My original intent was to view some pictures and do some web browsing and maybe the occasional game. Even though I had pretty high hopes I wasn't aware of how well it was going to work!

Not only does it replicate my display onto my TV, but it does it with absolutely zero lag! On my 4g connection I am able to stream Netflix and NHL Game center Live in HD! I went back and forth from my Razr to my PC and my PS3 and honestly couldn't tell the difference!

I started up a game of Homerun Battle 3d and couldn't believe how well it looked and played! Browsing the forums here was a breeze as was using tapatalk and my various messaging apps. It also makes sharing photos to a group much easier!

For those who haven't given this a shot and have been curious I highly recommend the $3ish adapter with 2 thumbs up!

My only issue is that since I went with the adapter and not a cable, there isn't enough room to plug in a regular power adapter. So my next purchase is going to be a 90degree micro USB cable as that should solve the problem!

If anyone is interested I can post up a link to the one I picked up. Or just do a search for the item in the title and I'm sure you will find it!
    hillmom likes this.

Guidelines of Conduct for razrforums.com
    Need help? Visit the help section: Help & Support

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    One tidbit that I forgot to mention ... the home screens are able to rotate to landscape mode while connected to a TV! You have to wonder why it isn't an option while not connected to a TV or an external monitor.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Yup. I use mine to work out with P90X. I've got the videos all Dixed up and sitting on my SD card. Works great. Just plug in my phone to any hdmi tv awa i go/.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by redtarget View Post
    I recently picked up a HDMI female to Micro HDMI male adapter from amazon so that I could connect my Razr to my TV. My original intent was to view some pictures and do some web browsing and maybe the occasional game. Even though I had pretty high hopes I wasn't aware of how well it was going to work!

Not only does it replicate my display onto my TV, but it does it with absolutely zero lag! On my 4g connection I am able to stream Netflix and NHL Game center Live in HD! I went back and forth from my Razr to my PC and my PS3 and honestly couldn't tell the difference!

I started up a game of Homerun Battle 3d and couldn't believe how well it looked and played! Browsing the forums here was a breeze as was using tapatalk and my various messaging apps. It also makes sharing photos to a group much easier!

For those who haven't given this a shot and have been curious I highly recommend the $3ish adapter with 2 thumbs up!

My only issue is that since I went with the adapter and not a cable, there isn't enough room to plug in a regular power adapter. So my next purchase is going to be a 90degree micro USB cable as that should solve the problem!

If anyone is interested I can post up a link to the one I picked up. Or just do a search for the item in the title and I'm sure you will find it!
    Hey yes off-course wanna see demo of this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Here you go. I used a Sony Video Camera to record the TV that was playing the video from Netflix on 3G:

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Thanks Scotty!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: Micro HDMI to HDMI adapter

So if I have the motorola micro HDMI oem cable will the maxx hd mirror anything on the screen even movies I have on Google play

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    330 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner6101 View Post
    So if I have the motorola micro HDMI oem cable will the maxx hd mirror anything on the screen even movies I have on Google play
    Yes, it should.

Edit: The only qualification I will make is that it appears some streaming apps may prevent the display of content on HDTV. I was trying to use the XFinity app last a week or so ago to stream Dexter to my TV and the app would not allow it (streaming was stopped as soon as the HDMI cable was plugged in). Apparently Xfinity didn't mind me watching something on my phone but didn't want me watching it on my wide screen HDTV.
    Last edited by ToeJamm; 02-05-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Something similar can be done over Wi-Fi if you have a smart TV (or computer) that have DLNA. I am not sure it works with apps that stream content (i.e.: Netflix), but it works very well on my Razr M with content you have in the phone storage memory, whether that be Internal or uSD.
    Razr M Stock
    16Gb PNY Class 10 Micro SDHC
    Miztech MZ 521 PDA Leather Holster

Life is too short to own a boring phone...

Ads