Register

got my Anker 3200mAh external battery/charger in today :D

This is a discussion on got my Anker 3200mAh external battery/charger in today :D within the Droid RAZR Accessories forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; So I got my prize (that I won on here, Thanks again soo much!) so i decided to post about it on here. I know ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SHOCKER

Thread: got my Anker 3200mAh external battery/charger in today :D

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

got my Anker 3200mAh external battery/charger in today :D

So I got my prize (that I won on here, Thanks again soo much!) so i decided to post about it on here. I know I had questions about these sort of accessories. My main concerns were

1- Is it worth carrying it around with my phone when the battery goes low
    2- Will it be more of a burden to have it attached and everything while doing daily stuff ( working, etc..)
    3- How long will it take to fully charge
    4- When I do have a full charge on my phone how long can I run my phone without charging it WITH the battery backup connected ( like if I was to go on a flight and I wanted to play games the whole time or watch a movie )

Does anyone else have questions or ideas they want tested?
    I work 60+ hours a week so im not near a wall charger a lot and Im in and out of the tow truck so I cant keep it connected to the truck forever either lol

Ill do a mini review kinda thing. I took some pics and I will post them now and when my OG razr battery is down to 5% i will put this baby to work and post the results. I have not charged the battery backup yet, so this will be right out of the box use. It says it has a full charge so we will see what happens.
    2012-05-29_22-16-32_576.jpg2012-05-29_22-17-56_892.jpg100MEDIA36IMAG0177.jpg100MEDIA36IMAG0178.jpg

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Can't wait to see your thoughts and review on it...congrats again!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Glad you got it. I stopped carrying mine around when I switched to the Maxx. I found I don't need it, lol

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    I'm not sure how external chargers work, but if you were to be in a situation like you described of being on a flight and using the charger when the phone is full..

I assume it would be like using the phone when you're full on a wall charger. The battery charger would continue to trickle charge the phone as needed to keep it at 100% and it would stay that way until the battery charger runs out of juice, then you'd go to phone battery. Not sure if there is some sort of indicator on the charger, but I would just use it until the charger dies, they disconnect it for less burden. Shouldn't hurt it to keep it on there, but it'd be easier to use without it.

That's just a guess, I'm not certian it would work that way or not. It may bounce between like 99% and 100% if the charger stops once the phone is full, etc.
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Great to see that you got it! Hopefully it works out as intended and that you can enjoy having portable power!

Looking forward to your review!

Member #
    As one that used to carry several extra batteries for my phones so I didn't have to worry about this issue, this is something I'll be watching. I'm seriously not happy about the Maxx having a sealed(ish) battery, otherwise I'd be very impressed with my Maxx. Great phones if you don't talk on them... Or leave the screen on, or... Etc etc.... And this is a huge battery. I'd actually be ok if they'd doubled the size of it, lol.. Nonetheless, I'll be looking at the Anker 5600 it seems.

Sad we have to buy external batteries and watch every bit of our usage and charging habits. Like we don't have other pressing issues in life to focus on daily. Can't imagine how frustrated the Original Razr owners are.

Hoping sealed batts aren't our future...

Member #
    And thank you for posting the side by side pics of the Maxx and your battery! I definitely needed to see that. Now I know I can go to an even slightly larger external batt.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    My review is kinda on back burner. I have to move and am still looking for a place so as soon as everything calms down on the home front ill pick the review back up. Sorry

Member #
    I reckon Shocker is still moving...

Ads