Register

Tasker on sale for $1.99 with new holo interface

This is a discussion on Tasker on sale for $1.99 with new holo interface within the Droid RAZR Apps forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....taskerm&hl=en If you were turned off by the $6.49 price tag of Tasker in the past, it's currently on sale at Play Store for $1.99 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tasker on sale for $1.99 with new holo interface

Member #
    Liked
    82 times

Tasker on sale for $1.99 with new holo interface

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....taskerm&hl=en

If you were turned off by the $6.49 price tag of Tasker in the past, it's currently on sale at Play Store for $1.99 to show off the new holo interface. Much more straightforward and consistent than before.

Make you phone work for you.
    fury™ - not helping the situation since 1987
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Thanks for the heads up fury. I've used a number of simple automation apps in the past (Y5 Battery Saver, Timerrific, AutomateIt) as I've heard Tasker can be pretty complicated to use. But, I've always been kind of curious about Tasker as reviews usually say it's the ultimate automation app if you're willing to put in some time to figure it out. For $1.99, what the heck...I'll give it a shot!

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    You won't regret it.

I haven't manually adjusted my ringer volume in years.
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Also, if anyone needs help with Tasker, feel free to post here. I'd be more than happy to help out.
    scottysize and B360155 like this.
    Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Thanks for the heads up. Just bought it. Looks a lot easier to use than the old free trial version I used a couple years ago.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Been wanting this for my tablet for quite a while now. $1.99 I jumped on it. Nice find and thank you for posting!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fury View Post
    Also, if anyone needs help with Tasker, feel free to post here. I'd be more than happy to help out.
    Feel free to start a new thread with all of your tricks, or post them here. This is my first venture with Tasker, so all the help you can give me, I'll take it. Gracias!

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    The most useful thing in Tasker by far is the documentation. On almost any screen there is question mark (if you still have the old version it's usually in the lower right, the new holo version it's at the top of the screen.

If I'm remembering correclty it says view online, download to SD card and a third option... One of them loads the info as a popup screen over Tasker to show explain what the function you are looking at does and how it works. I can't remember which is which since I selected it to do the same thing always, but I'm pretty sure I didn't download it to my SD card. I think the view online button (while misleading) downloads that FAQ and shows you within the app itself.

I always look here when I'm not sure what something does.

My profiles include:
    • Driving SMS: sends a reply to someone if my phone is connected to car bluetooth telling them I'm driving and will reply later, or then can call me if it's urgent
    • Work Settings: turns ringer, media, notification, etc. volume to zero, turns on WIFI, sets a custom variable (%ATWORK) to "yes" (other profiles depend on this), this also returns these settings to their previous states when work ends, it's all based on Google Calendar entries with a title of "work"
    • Work SMS/Call: when %ATWORK is set to "yes", and I get a missed call or a text message, it sends an email to my work email account so I see the popup on my screen, since I sometimes don't check my phone for a while.
    • Screen Timeout: certain apps get preferential treatment for display off time. My phone is set to 30 seconds, but some apps (Google Reader, Reddit is Fun, Plume, et al) trigger Tasker to change the limit to 2 minutes while they are active, and revert to 30 seconds when I exit them
    • Home Dock: when docked at home, WIFI is shut off (unlimited data is used when I'm on charger :P), Pandora is launched, wait a few seconds and then launch Night Clock, my preferred bedside clock app
    • Home WIFI: when I'm connected to one of a few cell towers near my house (there's a scan feature when setting up a "cell near" profile), WIFI is turned on if the phone is not docked or connected to bluetooth in my car. These clauses mean that if I get into my car at my house, the wifi is disabled as soon as bluetooth connection is established, and wifi isn't turned on upon arriving home until I actually get out of the car.

There really are TONS of things you can do with Tasker, it all depends on what you want to do and how much effort you want to put into it. It's very widely used, so there's lots of threads on various Android forums. If you have a question, feel free to post it here and I can do my best to help or at least find a link to help you out.
    Twitter

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Wow. OK, I'll be looking into those. Especially the Driving SMS!

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    That one is really handy. You can put exceptions in it too to not reply to certain numbers, or only send the reply to certain people, etc.
    Twitter

Ads