Register

Droid Razr has a known flaw with Mobile Hotspot

This is a discussion on Droid Razr has a known flaw with Mobile Hotspot within the Droid RAZR General Discussions forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; For those of you who do not already know, the Mobile Hotspot feature through Verizon - the paid service on a nonrooted Razr - does ...

Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Droid Razr has a known flaw with Mobile Hotspot

Threaded View

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Droid Razr has a known flaw with Mobile Hotspot

For those of you who do not already know, the Mobile Hotspot feature through Verizon - the paid service on a nonrooted Razr - does not function properly. It will not allow you to load certain websites on a device that is WiFi tethered to your Razr, while some sites work just fine. I decided to contact Motorola and after being very persistent I got an admission that it is a known problem.

Here's a quote from my email exchanges with customer support:

SubjectMobile hotspot not working for many websites**Discussion Thread* Via Email (Rookmanee)01/11/2012 11:00 AM
    Dear Deron,

I truly apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing at this time.But our engineer is aware of the issue and they are working on it.The only option at this time is the usb tethering i am sorry.If you need further assistance please contact Android Support at the following number (800) 734-5870. Thank you for your continued patience.

Tap Settings
    Tap Wireless & networks
    Tap Tethering & Mobile Hotspot
    Check the box for USB Tethering (this option is not selectable unless connected to a USB cable)

Sincerely,

Rookmanee.*Auto-Response01/06/2012 01:58 PMDear Consumer ...

Just wanted to warn anybody who is thinking about adding mobile hotspots to your Razr.

BTW, USB tethering from a Razr to a PC works just fine ... USB tethering is included in the Mobile Hotspots feature if you activate.

Note, you can use an app in the Android Market called EasyTether which costs $10 and does USB tethering to a PC. This option will allow you to use USB tethering without paying for additional Mobile Hotspots from Verizon. It'll just be part of your data package because your phone actually uses this app's server as the host. Anyway, it works just fine,albeit you cannot get real good data speeds like you can using Verizon's mobile hotspot and USB tethering
    Last edited by Deron; 01-11-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Ads