Register

Not all Music on sd card plays-not an sd card issue

This is a discussion on Not all Music on sd card plays-not an sd card issue within the Droid RAZR Maxx forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; This happened with my former sd card and no change with this one. So I've checked and these are not locked files, not some rights ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert
  • 1 Post By Robert

Thread: Not all Music on sd card plays-not an sd card issue

Member #

Not all Music on sd card plays-not an sd card issue

This happened with my former sd card and no change with this one. So I've checked and these are not locked files, not some rights issue with the music. Here's the issue. I add 6 albums. It recognizes 3. On one of them halfway thru a song it cuts out and plays another song. On others it may see but says cannot read this type of file. These are mp3 files not wpa. I go to my original files on my laptop and they are great. Downloaded 2 new players and same issue.

Now it's not the sd card. This problem has traveled from the older card to the newer one. Any suggestions? I've done soft reset, did a back up. downloaded some sd card program to make sure it was up to date. How do I clear cache in Jelly Bean? I haven't tried that.

Any help is welcome and thank you everyone for all the support.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    I don't think clearing the cache will help,..but it's worth a try. the problem your having has to do with how your phone sees the SD card. It seems that Razr's are very picky about some file types,... they may work great on your computer but your phone doesn't see them right? It's a problem I've seen before.

The best way to clear cache is in stock recovery.

1. Shut the phone off.
    2. Hold down all 3 at the same time-- "Power+Up Volume+Down Volume"
    3. A white menu will come up, use "down volume" to highlight "Recovery" and "up volume" to select it. (you only have 3 seconds to make your selection before the phone reboots automatically)
    4. Now you will see a Dead Android with a little red triangle,...on this screen push "Down Volume+Up Volume" at the same time for 1 full second,... this will pull up a Blue menu
    5. In the Blue menu use the Up Volume or Down Volume to highlight an area then use the "Power button" to select "Wipe Cache Partition",... your good to go.

That said,... this is what I do if my phone get's laggy or slow....it cleans up performance. I use FDR (Factory Data Resets) as a last resort.
    Last edited by Robert; 05-19-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    valentine likes this.

Member #
    Tried it and it didn't fix. I'm going to look for a program to maybe convert the files and see if the razor likes them then. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Member #
    Ok so here is how it's working so far. First of all updated to windows 8 a month ago...don't ask me my reviews lol. Last night I clicked on the windows 8 music player and it converted all my music to play on the windows 8 red headphones. Have no idea if it actually did anything. So this morning. I picked one song I knew never ever converts over. It copied and did not merge with another song. So far so good. I'm going to take all of it after this is done and copy to my terabyte drives to be sure all is saved. I'll let everyone know once I complete. I'll then copy all my music to my 2nd laptop, doubt I'll hit number 3 laptop but making sure I don't lose everything. Also, when I originally copied everything on the card when it did a back up it wiped everything I added to the card on the phone so that will be backed up to. I'll keep everyone up to date on how things go. I'll post any card issues under the other post. I think the wiping songs was my paid for back up assistant.

Now as for different music types. I downloaded a bunch of players. So far the one that is doing best is Poweramp. I'll keep you up to date on that. I am copying the music via sd card onto the micro sd. Hooking it up via usb was causing issues before so since this is working I'm sticking with it.

ROBERT-What if your instructions or any instructions cannot get me past red android. Oddly, now I cannot get into that area.
    Last edited by valentine; 05-21-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    Sounds like a transfer issue to me. For example the same thing happens on a PC if the file download is not complete. It will play part of a song then skip to the next one. The files on the phone that weren't playing at all, how big are they? Each song in MB?

Member #
    Anywhere from 4-10 mb. Now I've gone through Motorola wireless, copied from sd card and hooked up via usb. Still no go. It just deletes them. I've gotten one to manually copy over. Now the motorola where you download it wirelessly. Not working either. I load, it may show for a few minutes and then whammo. Gone. Not happy.

now I would say this is the new sd card but it did the same thing with the older card. I'm calling tech support again today. My only thought is I got one album over by just loading one. it'll suck but if I have to load one at a time to not overload it.

The one it did transfer and keep it plays fine. I will say the moto wireless seems so easy if it would work.

I would wonder if it was a problem from transfering a cd from another computer but these were ripped directly from years old cds and new or old it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by valentine; 05-21-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Quote Originally Posted by valentine View Post
    ROBERT-What if your instructions or any instructions cannot get me past red android. Oddly, now I cannot get into that area.
    When you click Down Volume+Up Volume it needs to be for about a full second. If you click those 2 keys too quickly it will not enter the blue menu, and if you hold those 2 keys down too long it still will not enter the blue menu.

So basically make sure you push both at the same time,.. hold down for about a second,... release,.... the blue menu will appear.
    valentine likes this.

Member #
    Thank you Robert. I've been doing it wrong.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    On jellybean it changed a bit at the "dead" android. Press volume down and hold it then tap volume up. That's why people are having trouble pressing at the same time.

Member #
    Thank you everyone. I feel this was the card problem after much research and posted a detailed reply under Class 10 thread. All is working fine with the former card.

I'm able to simply transfer music on the former card by just using the sd card adapter or wirelessly with moto download. Moto puts it under a moto folder then your login name folder then downloads. I'm just going with sd card adapter.

Thanks everyone!

Ads