Register

Droid RAZR + Motoactv == Overpriced?

This is a discussion on Droid RAZR + Motoactv == Overpriced? within the Motorola Motoactv Forum forums, part of the Droid RAZR Accessories category; I think the idea for Motoactv is really neat... however, at the price point it's at, it is hard to justify. I think it needs ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Droid RAZR + Motoactv == Overpriced?

I think the idea for Motoactv is really neat... however, at the price point it's at, it is hard to justify. I think it needs to be in the $150 price point range before it will hit any type of serious market penetration.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Yeah, too expensive. Price it at $150 or less and it'll sell like hot cakes.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    Yeah, too expensive. Price it at $150 or less and it'll sell like hot cakes.
    Exactly what I was thinking... Motorola could learn a thing or two from Amazon

DrivetheGreen66
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking... Motorola could learn a thing or two from Amazon
    Yes they could.

I think Motoactiv is pretty cool but I don's see shelling out that kind of money for it.

Member #
    I have been using a Motoactv for about a month now and although it has a steep price tag it is actually a pretty cool little fitness tracker. Motorola have just announced a software update that extends the battery life up to 8 hours, which is much needed if you are going to be running with the GPS and listening to music at the same time!

One think I will say though is that if you have a Razr then apparently you can read text messages and take calls using the Motoactv. Has anyone tried this feature out yet as I am thinking of getting the new Razr and it would be cool to use my Motoactv with it!

Blog - Motorola GPS Watch

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Hey,
    The Razr is paying for itself already....Your using the Fitness Tracker and your Looking Good...

Money well spent...

Its Bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    I have been using a Motoactv for about a month now and although it has a steep price tag it is actually a pretty cool little fitness tracker. Motorola have just announced a software update that extends the battery life up to 8 hours, which is much needed if you are going to be running with the GPS and listening to music at the same time!

One think I will say though is that if you have a Razr then apparently you can read text messages and take calls using the Motoactv. Has anyone tried this feature out yet as I am thinking of getting the new Razr and it would be cool to use my Motoactv with it!

Blog - Motorola GPS Watch

Wow!
    What A Day Of Fishing...

Its Bubba..

Member #
    I've had the Motoactv only a few days. The price on Amazon is now like $180 for the 8 Gb. Similar GPS watches for running from Garmin run at least $200 and they only keep time and distance. However, I haven't had the chance to compare accuracy. The Motoactv additionally lets you listen to music and some other functions so if the GPS is accurate, then I would say the price is comparable.

I've tried taking calls and texts from my Razr, but I'm not sure this feature is worth leaving your bluetooth on all day as the screen is too small, you can't get a broad view of all your texts, and of course you can't reply to any text so you still need to pull out your phone. Also, connection quit a couple of times, so if this feature is not 100% reliable, then you may end up missing important stuff thinking your watch is reliable while not checking on your phone. Also, I saw that the Razr got a little hot and one time even suffered major slow down that required a reboot.

Even with all that, I am keeping it assuming the GPS is accuracy because no other device lets you keep track of your runs and play music and is competitively priced with the other running watches. I'm looking into rooting the device to get other features, but I have big doubts anyone would ever want to browse the internet on this from my experience with the little screen. Also, couldn't Americans design something not box shaped for a change? I'm going to test the much prettier Sony Smartwatch when it arrives in my mail tomorrow although that device doesn't have its own GPS or anything so likely I won't keep it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    219 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlee91780 View Post
    I've had the Motoactv only a few days. The price on Amazon is now like $180 for the 8 Gb. Similar GPS watches for running from Garmin run at least $200 and they only keep time and distance. However, I haven't had the chance to compare accuracy. The Motoactv additionally lets you listen to music and some other functions so if the GPS is accurate, then I would say the price is comparable.

I've tried taking calls and texts from my Razr, but I'm not sure this feature is worth leaving your bluetooth on all day as the screen is too small, you can't get a broad view of all your texts, and of course you can't reply to any text so you still need to pull out your phone. Also, connection quit a couple of times, so if this feature is not 100% reliable, then you may end up missing important stuff thinking your watch is reliable while not checking on your phone. Also, I saw that the Razr got a little hot and one time even suffered major slow down that required a reboot.

Even with all that, I am keeping it assuming the GPS is accuracy because no other device lets you keep track of your runs and play music and is competitively priced with the other running watches. I'm looking into rooting the device to get other features, but I have big doubts anyone would ever want to browse the internet on this from my experience with the little screen. Also, couldn't Americans design something not box shaped for a change? I'm going to test the much prettier Sony Smartwatch when it arrives in my mail tomorrow although that device doesn't have its own GPS or anything so likely I won't keep it.
    Welcome aboard. Thank you for sharing!

Ads