Register

Swype getting dumber?

This is a discussion on Swype getting dumber? within the Droid RAZR Apps forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; I have never been a fan of swype - I do like SlideIt tho - great prediction and the keyboard is very customizable ......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Swype getting dumber?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    I have never been a fan of swype - I do like SlideIt tho - great prediction and the keyboard is very customizable ...

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I went ahead and converted to keyboard entry input instead of swype input and I will admit word prediction is better than swype. So it is actually alot less frustrating now. The real big improvement seems to be the voice entry program for the keyboard entry input is significantly better than the swype voice entry program. They seem to be two different programs perhaps the keyboard entry uses google voice and the swype a default? They are certainly both different. Any ideas on the two different voice programs?
    Getting the most Maxx for the $$$

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    415 times
    It looks like SwiftKey is adding a keyboard option in the future called Swiftkey Flow. From the looks of it, it is a Swype type of keyboard. If it has the swiping capabilities of Swype and the superior word prediction of SwiftKey. It may be a winner. I am going to download the beta and take a look.
    Last edited by ToeJamm; 12-10-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Sometimes You're The Hammer And Sometimes You're The Nail.
    It Is More Fun Being The Hammer, But You Learn More Being The Nail.

FORUM GUIDELINES OF CONDUCT

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    415 times
    I just fired up SwiftKey Flow Beta and I have to say my initial impression is positive. I'm going to give it a run for the money and see if the impression holds.

Click on the link to get to the download site.
    dr_edwards likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    415 times
    I've been using Swiftkey Flow Beta for about a week now and I have to say it is far superior to Swipe. I think the word prediction and accuracy is 3X's better (not scientific - just my approximation).

Member #
    Someone mentioned there is a Swype Beta that works better. My first phone swype was great. This one keeps using "Thus". My latest replacement should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I will see how it works. The last phone didn't learn anything.

Member #
    Same here. Swype is getting dumber. I'm not sure if it was SwiftKey but one of the programs is intuitive and learns your particular typing habits, commonly paired words and typical sentence structure to predict what you're typing.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    415 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bizarro22 View Post
    Same here. Swype is getting dumber. I'm not sure if it was SwiftKey but one of the programs is intuitive and learns your particular typing habits, commonly paired words and typical sentence structure to predict what you're typing.
    I have switched to Swiftkey Flow Beta (works similar to Swipe) and it is far more intuitive than Swype. It is not perfect by any means but it is A LOT better. Just like Valentine I couldn't get Swype to stop entering "thus" when I was trying for "this".

At some point I'm sure Swiftkey Flow Beta will move to becoming a paid app. I will gladly fork over the $$$ when the time comes.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeJamm View Post
    I have switched to Swiftkey Flow Beta (works similar to Swipe) and it is far more intuitive than Swype. It is not perfect by any means but it is A LOT better. Just like Valentine I couldn't get Swype to stop entering "thus" when I was trying for "this".

At some point I'm sure Swiftkey Flow Beta will move to becoming a paid app. I will gladly fork over the $$$ when the time comes.
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll give it a try.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    415 times
    I may have just wasted $.99. It won't bankrupt me but I still hope it's not a waste.

Swype +Dragon is on sale in the Play Store. The difference (at least from what I've read) between the embedded version on most of our phones and this version is you get regular updates. The embedded version only updates when the phone OS is updated. I'm hoping this paid version is more accurate with word prediction and overall accuracy. Also curious about the Dragon voice recognition.

We shall see.

Ads