Register

TBH Cable (redesigned)

This is a discussion on TBH Cable (redesigned) within the Droid RAZR Accessories forums, part of the Droid RAZR Forum category; Some of you will remember the TBH cable that came out back in the early days for flashing the X. If you encountered an issue ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By HarleyDude

Thread: TBH Cable (redesigned)

Hybrid View

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times

TBH Cable (redesigned)

Some of you will remember the TBH cable that came out back in the early days for flashing the X. If you encountered an issue and had to SBF, you had to have enough charge on the battery, or the bootloader would report "battery low" and you couldn't SBF. (Don't know how many times I heard that). Only option was getting a charged battery, or a charge on your battery.

Team Black Hat, aka TBH, a group who was responsible for a lot of the early leaks for many devices, designed, and had built a cable to bypass that problem, it supplied power via the 5th connector, and gave the phone enough power to convince it that an SBF was OK. This cable became a lifesaver to many. The first batch sold for 40 bucks I believe, but they were so well received, TBH ordered enough to be able to drop the price to 25 for the last run.

Well, I actually never had one, as I always had multiple extra batteries. With my maxx (and my upcoming HD), I cannot have extra batteries (thanks moto), so a TBH cable has become extremely critical. I talked to one of the TBH guys, they have again redesigned the cable, it is now an adapter, and you can pick them up for 10 bucks at Team Black Hat

I got mine...and standby, there could be a chance for a giveaway of one here.

2012-10-16_17-35-17_199.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: TBH Cable (redesigned)

Thanks man my Maxx hd will be here today and I think this will be a nice safety net just in case but hopefully I'll never have to use it as I usually don't tinker with flashing or sbfs unless I'm fully charged anyway

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times

Its exactly what you said. Its a nice item for "just in case." With most of these moto phones moving to a non removable battery, its great to have.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    151 times

Definitely one of those things that is better to have before you need it. I know we must have some members who would love to have this!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

OK well I placed my order for this thing on February 7th and I still have not received it do they usually take this long because I'm about to contact PayPal and get a refund

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times

That's odd. When I ordered mine (around Christmas) I got it in a week.

Ads